Feb 5, 2007

No Love



So this is my first project from my glass class and my first tshirt I have printed in my other class (which is a tshirt silkscreen class). The glass people were supposed to be a sculptural interpertation of the tshirt design. These are my main characters in the comics I have been developing. I had absolutely no idea how the glass people would turn out. At first I was extremely frustrated and dissapointed because they just looked like lumpy blobs. But once I added the eyes they seemed to gain the life that I had been looking for and they became something more than I was expecting (plus they're fun to play with :)

6 comments:

Anilu Magloire said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I love your work. I recently found your rubber stamps and I am in love with them. I got a few and I am loving them even more in "person".
You are an amazing artist. I look forward to seeing what you create next.
Anilu.

William J. Charlebois said...

I love your glass characters. I'm a great fan of your parents art work, and now it looks like you are taking the family's talent to a whole new direction.

Bill

Carla Sonheim said...

Tiphoni-- those glass creatures are WONDERFUL! Nice to get to know you a bit at Artfest this year. Enjoy your last weeks of art school!

MAHIMA said...

your art is wonderful!! :)
i love your blog header!
look forward to you graduating s I et to see more of your art :)
i just graduated this month so i have all the time t create and experiment. :)

Anonymous said...

wow your work its truely unique..i adore your stamps...im off to buy some...just fabulous


scrapwitch in australia

LINDSAY said...

They don't look like lumpy blobs! They look like the drops of silly puddy I used to love so much! Cute as a button with their harsh words and all! :)